How to register to vote ONLINE
Online registration is available starting April 6, 2023 at: ova.elections.il.gov. If you choose to register online, you'll need:
Valid Illinois Driver’s License or Illinois State ID number
Date the license or identification was issued
Last four digits of Social Security number
Your birth date
How to register to vote in PERSON
In order to register in person you'll need to: Provide two forms of identification (both must have the current name, and one show the current address).
You can register with a Deputy Registrar:
- With Mano a Mano Family Resource Center. Call 224.419.5352 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
- At any Illinois Secretary of State Driver's Service Facility when there for other services until March 19, 2023. Find the nearest one to you here.
- Most municipal or township offices
- Most libraries
- Precinct Committeemen
- Qualified civic organizations
How to register to vote by MAIL
You need to fill out this application, and mail it to to the Lake County Clerk's Office: 18 N County St, Waukegan IL.
Grace Period Registration
After deputy registrar and mail-in voter registration closes, Grace Period Registration is available and allows you to update your record of register for the first time.
- You must vote at the time of your registration.
- Grace Period Registration is availability at the Lake County Clerk's office, 18 N. County Street, Waukegan during weekday business hours through Election Day.
- Any early voting site when open. Use this locator tool to find a convenient early voting site or the assigned Election Day voting site serving your current address.